Re: Standardize referrer policy

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 7:55 PM, Jochen Eisinger <eisinger@google.com> wrote:
> With a lot of help from Mike, we've put together a first draft here:
> https://w3c.github.io/webappsec/specs/referrer-policy/

I think what would be best for Fetch integration is me handing you a
request and you returning a URL or <i title>none</i>. I tentatively
called this hook "determine referrer". That way Fetch can decide when
it wants to expose this information as a header. And that way this is
also a side-effect free invocation which seems preferable.

See http://fetch.spec.whatwg.org/#concept-fetch for the tentative
hook. Search for [REFERRER].

As for the specifics of what Referrer Policy should do I copied Ian as
HTML currently has a rather evolved set of steps:
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/fetching-resources.html#fetch
We should take those over somehow or Ian needs to do some handling
before invoking the Fetch Standard. I don't really have a real
preference there.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/