Re: [REFERRER] Where does "Determine request¢s Referrer" get its URL from?

On Tue, 29 Jul 2014, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> > We have a non-JS present. JS is optional in browsers. Some don't have
> > it at all. We will certainly have a non-JS future, given the work
> > being done by multiple browser vendors to provide near-machine-code
> > solutions (for example, PNaCl and asm.js).
>
> asm.js still has the same runtime.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't have to. I would expect us to move to a
world where if you hand a UA asm.js code, then the browser uses a
different runtime entirely, one without any of the ES infrastructure.

> > It's hard for me to work out exactly what we're trying to do with
> > "client". It's used for the referrer; anything else?
>
> It's the thing SW uses to talk back to the environment the fetch
> originated from.

I don't understand what this means. Can you elaborate?