Re: [MIX] blob URLs

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Mike West <mkwst@google.com> wrote:
> I am not at all versed in URL parsing semantics. What does "Let url be the
> result of parsing URL's scheme data." mean?
>
> I'm guessing that a blob's scheme data will pull the URL from which the blob
> was created? The "Blob URL Store" bit of the File API isn't helping so much.

The methods (whose origin comes from the script settings object most
likely) that create a blob URL string are responsible for creating a
string that looks like:

  blob:{origin}/{uuid}

That entire blob URL string is stored in the blob URL store for
lookups. The URL's origin algorithm simply extracts the origin from
such a URL.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/