Re: referrer directive expressiveness

Le 31/01/2014 00:04, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 2:45 PM, David Bruant <bruant.d@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Should the two keywords be split (even if some combinations don't really
>> make sense) or should a single value be added for Facebook current use case?
> I feel like origin should mean what Facebook wants. Is there a use
> case for only sending the origin to your own server?
>
> never -> never include Referer
> origin -> full Referer for same-origin fetches, origin Referer for
> cross-origin fetches
That's the semantics that Facebook needs, but is not what I read from
the CSP 1.1 draft I've found [1]:
"If the referrer policy is origin, return the ASCII serialization of
referrer."
I'm not sure I understand what "ASCII serialization" means, but it
doesn't seem like it depends on whether the request is addressed to the
same origin or a different one?

> full -> full Referer for all fetches
Did you mean "always"?

David