Re: [integrity]: latency tradeoffs

I'd really like to hear more about the risks of Content Addressable Storage
in the context of the browser.

I think there are some interesting scenarios out there for this.  One that
I have in mind is if apps and the browser could share a CAS cache on a
mobile device.  The app could side-load the cache for the browser with a
set of resources to enable a rich experience to be rapidly available in the
browser without incurring a app context-switch.  We could even be quite
strict about requiring Access-Control-* headers in this case, because it
would be cooperative caching.  And if the integrity check is optimistic,
simply to see if data is available without hitting the network, I think the
incremental latency issue is also addressed without needing a
stream-friendly integrity mechanism. (though that is still a good idea for
future work)

Maybe this is actually a different use-case than "integrity",  but I see it
as being useful in markets where networks are slow and expensive, and as
creating a nice synergy between the app and web ecosystems that benefits
both.  It both encourages app developers to favor web technologies, and
makes experiences in the web browser better, too.

-Brad