Re: Subresource Integrity strawman.

Another interesting use case is #2 in the spec: advertising networks
generally review submitted ads in some way, approve them, and then delegate
the actual _serving_ of ad content out to third-party servers. This often
goes awry in spectacularly malicious ways.

It would be valuable for advertising networks to be able to specify
integrity metadata for ad content to ensure that _exactly_ the reviewed ad
is served, and no malicious substitutions are made.

-mike

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>
Google+: https://mkw.st/+, Twitter: @mikewest, Cell: +49 162 10 255 91

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München, Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)