Re: Subresource Integrity and fingerprinting

From: Mike West <mkwst@google.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 08:31:25 +0100
To: Michal Zalewski <lcamtuf@coredump.cx>
Cc: Devdatta Akhawe <dev.akhawe@gmail.com>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Joel Weinberger <jww@chromium.org>, "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>, Frederik Braun <fbraun@mozilla.com>
I think requiring CORS for resource validation is potentially an avenue we
can explore; it would certainly be appropriate for scripts, where CDNs are
already rolling out CORS headers in order to enable error handling via
window.onerror.

For the moment, I like the proposal you've outlined; I'll add it to the
strawman.

-mike

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>
Google+: https://mkw.st/+, Twitter: @mikewest, Cell: +49 162 10 255 91

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München, Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)