RE: Marking HTTP As Non-Secure

I don't say HTTP is secure. I say we have to deal with this "no security". At least don't mark HTTP as "not secure", but more like as "public".

We should not make wear everyone and every day Bulletproof Vest, because they can be kill by guns. (I am French not even consider possible here...). It's a policy based on fear. It's not how you deal with that kind of threat. It's bring more problem on the long term. Like considering that the victim didn't protect himself, making the assessor guilty, but no charged.

And we have a law that is close to that in France, where every people having access to Internet is legally responsible of the security of this access. (Charging the victim...)

source : (Article 8) http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichTexte.do?cidTexte=JORFTEXT000021208046&categorieLien=id

And your approach valid theirs.

And the kind of attack that you suppose are man in the middle one. It's suppose net neutrality is or will be broken. And HTTPS will not change that. So I truly believe you focus on technique when we shouldn't focus on that.

Note : As Eduardo say HTTPS can't even guaranty that nobody know witch article you did read.

@Daniel : I am not speaking about third-part, but the source directly. Your article are net neutrality related, some Internet Provider did that too on Google research and they stopped cause it's was discover not because of HTTPS.

Patrick Kolodziejczyk
Ingénieur Conception et Développement
BU technologies - Groupe Viseo
190, rue Garibaldi - 69003 LYON