Re: Proposal: Marking HTTP As Non-Secure

> On Dec 15, 2014, at 7:10 PM, ferdy.christant@gmail.com wrote:
>
> "If someone thinks their users are OK with their website not having integrity/authentication/privacy"
>
> That is an assumption that doesn't apply to every website. Many websites don't even have authentication.
>
> "Presumably these users would still be OK with it after Chrome starts making the situation more obvious."
>
> Or perhaps it doesn't, and it scares them away. Just like with the cookie bars, where now every user believes all cookies are evil. You assume users are able to make an informed decision based on such warnings, and I doubt that.
>
> "Presumably these users would still be OK with it after Chrome starts making the situation more obvious"

If users are unable to make an informed choice than I personally believe it’s up to the User Agent to try and pick what choice the user most likely wants. I have a hard time imagining that most users, if given the choice between allowing anyone in the same coffee shop to read what they are reading and not allowing, would willingly choose HTTP over HTTPS.

---
Donald Stufft