Re: Proposal: Prefer secure origins for powerful new web platform features

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 4:37 PM, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com> wrote:
> Wouldn't it be more accurate to say to the user, at this point, "This
> website wishes to access your location. However, we can't reliably
> determine the identity of the website and it may send your location
> information in a way that is not protected against eavesdropping. Do
> you want to proceed?"

No, because bombarding the user with complex warnings all day, taxing
their executive capacity and then blaming them when something bad
happens is a poor way to build products. We do enough of it already,
we don't want to make it worse for the sake of a few dollars a year.

Cheers

AGL