Re: Proposal: Prefer secure origins for powerful new web platform features

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 21, 2014, at 4:21 PM, Adam Langley <agl@google.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Eduardo' Vela" <Nava> <evn@google.com> wrote:
>> I do not get why Geolocation [...] need to be SSL only.
>
> Let's just take this one for a moment. We're giving the web platform a
> fairly significant power here and it's pretty reasonable to want to
> take the sharp edge off it.
>
> When we ask the user whether they want to share their location with
> example.com,

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say to the user, at this point, "This
website wishes to access your location. However, we can't reliably
determine the identity of the website and it may send your location
information in a way that is not protected against eavesdropping. Do
you want to proceed?"

?