Re: CSP - matching a URI against a source expression with no scheme

Hi Janusz!

In CSP 1.1, the matching behavior for a schemeless source expression relies
on the origin of the resource being protected. See step 3.4 of section
3.2.2.2 for detail.

The intention is that 'script-src example.com' would match both '
http://example.com/script.js' and 'https://example.com/script.js' when
applied to a resource itself served over HTTP. If the protected resource is
served over HTTPS, then 'script-src example.com' would match only '
https://example.com/script.js'

See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webappsec/2013Feb/0036.htmlfor
some discussion around that decision.

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, Developer Advocate
Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München, Germany