From: annevankesteren@gmail.com [mailto:annevankesteren@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Anne van Kesteren
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:09 AM
To: Hill, Brad
Cc: Ian Melven; Tobias Gondrom; public-webappsec@w3.org
Subject: Re: webappsec-ISSUE-45 ('top-only'): Is 'top-only' worth preserving? [UI Security]

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Hill, Brad <bhill@paypal-inc.com> wrote:
> [Hill, Brad] That's covered in
>
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/user-interface-safety/raw-file/0475e30847bf/use
> r-interface-safety.html
>
> but I would certainly appreciate comments to make the behavior more explicit if you feel such is necessary.

I would expect MUST, not SHOULD. I would also expect that to result from following a set of rules. E.g.

1. If the CSP header is present and contains X, do ...

2. Otherwise, if the CSP header does not contain X, run these substeps:

2.1 If there's a X-Frame-Options header, do ...

To make it completely unambiguous what is expected from implementations.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/