Re: Fetching contexts

> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 1:56 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> Why?  Why can we not simply require a type="" here?  Actual implementations
>> do, so it's not like it's not web-compatible...
>
> Rebel Opera didn't. I thought there might have been another
> implementation that didn't. Certainly no specification that makes that
> requirement.

Sure.  My point is that we have implementations doing both, so neither
one is strictly required for web compat.  If defining one of these
behaviors makes another specification simpler, and if there are no
strong reasons for the other behavior, it seems like we might as well
make the other specification simpler.

-Boris