Re: Content Security Policy

+1 for discussing it further.

The advantages I see:
* The author is authorizing a *specific* script/style and can do so using
static configuration
  - No need for a dynamic backend that changes the nonce for each request.
  - This can simplify deployment, resulting in more people using it
* I'm afraid of authors abusing nonces, sending the same nonce over and
over as means to "bypass" CSP
  - Offering an alternative to nonce can reduce that risk

The complications I can think of:
* Make sure that either hashes don't break with small white-spaces
removals, text encoding changes, etc.
  - An alternative is tools that can give authors the resulting hash for a
specific script/style. (e.g. inside the Web inspector tools). That may be
more fragile, though.

All in all, I think hashes can make it easier for "copy&paste" authors to
integrate CSP. They can also make deployment of third party scripts easier.