Re: Hashes.

On 12/12/2013 02:11 PM, Dionysis Zindros wrote:
> Thanks for your feedback. I'm incorporating the requested changes in
> the attached patch.

The only other problem I see with this patch is requesting we print the
"correct" hash value if a hash values to validate. There's no way to
determine which inline script an incorrect hash was intended to
whitelist, so they only solution here is to print the hash of every
inline script (for every incorrect hash-source in the policy, unless you
wanted to add some special-case logic to only print them out for the
first hash-source that failed to validate).

This could create quite a mess in the Developer console (especially if
there are lots of inline scripts and/or broken hash-sources). I am not
sure if this would actually be helpful for developers either, and they
could just as easily copy-paste a one-liner into the Developer Console
to do this for them (or use a bookmarklet, add-on, etc.)

-Garrett