Re: Web Push Notifications

> I am doing some analysis on web push notifications and I would love to know
> if there's any list of websites that are using this technology, as well
> as overall volume of web push notifications per platform. Is that
> information available publicly somewhere?

Of course, proper web push notifications are a decentralised technology,
thus problematic to systematically measure.  I have deployed push
notifications based on JSON-over-UDP (the most efficient), long polling
(the next most efficient), and also Firebase Cloud Messaging.

Note that push messaging has two components; the event on the original
server and where it pushes, and then how that recipient gets word to one
or more mobile devices.  I'm assuming, given this mailing list's charter,
that it's the latter process which interests you.

I suppose you could use Google's Firebase FCM as representative of all
push notifications.  It's proprietary and closed source, so (like oh so
many other things) you'll need to find out if Google thinks you should
know the answer.  But it does re-centralize the web, thus providing
a one-stop shop for a partial answer.

Andy Valencia