Re: A FileSystem API for the web

From: Feross Aboukhadijeh <feross@feross.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 17:00:50 -0700
To: Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me>
Cc: Olli Pettay <olli@pettay.fi>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
> Why don't you store the data in IndexedDB? It can store blobs.
> All of WebTorrent's requirements in this thread ("use disk not memory")
appear to be met by IndexedDB.

This is true. I'll investigate IndexedDB for the described WebTorrent use
case.

Still, I maintain that filesystem support on the web platform could be
vastly better. No directory upload, no way to persistently read/write files
on disk, no way to stream files to disk. These improvements would help with
some less-common WebTorrent use cases.

Feross
Blog <http://feross.org/> | WebTorrent <https://webtorrent.io/> | Study
Notes <https://www.apstudynotes.org/>