RE: [Web Components] Editor for Custom Elements

From: Léonie Watson [mailto:tink@tink.uk]

> Domenic Denicola briefly stepped into the role, but regretfully he has since
> declined to work within the W3C community [2].

That is not at all an accurate description of what has happened. I've very much enjoyed working with the W3C community on the w3c/webcomponents issue tracker, and think the collaboration there has been a success. It was a very helpful "incubation phase" for custom elements.

Now that the incubation is largely complete, they can graduate to the HTML and DOM Standards, like was done with <template> before.

I intend to continue editing custom elements, in the upstream standards that the concepts patch. The first half of this effort is https://github.com/whatwg/dom/pull/204, and the second half will follow later today on https://github.com/whatwg/html. I hope I will continue to be welcome in the W3C community, and especially the issue tracker at https://github.com/w3c/webcomponents/issues, where several remaining ideas are still being incubated.