Re: Normative references to Workers.

> On 22 Sep, 2015, at 1:35 am, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 6:03 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 9/21/15 5:54 AM, Ms2ger wrote:
>>> Why?
>>
>> I think the rationale was mentioned in
>> <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2015JulSep/0367.html>.
>
> Ms2ger made a valid point. Workers is actively being updated (I
> submitted two PRs the other day, more to come). If you don't want to
> get out-of-sync you won't get to REC in the foreseeable future. It
> therefore is likely a waste of time for someone to volunteer to
> copy-and-paste text that is unstable.

Thanks for explaining the situation :)

If the spec is still changing frequently, indeed it isn't a good idea to publish another CR… but the WebApps WG needs to clearly tell the community that the 2012 CR should be considered obsolete.

I’d suggest that we publish a WD for Workers, which adapts to the current changes and revise the 2012 CR. The community is encouraged to refer to either the WHATWG version or the new WD.

—
xiaoqian