Re: W3C's version of XMLHttpRequest should be abandoned

On 8/6/15 8:07 AM, Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 9:15 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl
> <mailto:annevk@annevk.nl>> wrote:
>
>     According to Art the plan of record is to still pursue
>     https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/default/xhr-1/Overview.html
>

> And you correctly note
>
>     but
>     that was last updated more than a year ago. Last "formally" published
>     a year and a half ago.
>

> And that is mostly my fault. I intended to keep the W3C fork up to
> date (at least up to a point), but at some point I attempted to simply
> apply Git patches from Anne's edits to the WHATWG version, and it
> turned out Git had problems applying them automatically for whatever
> reason - apparently the versions were already so distinct that it
> wasn't possible. Since then I haven't found time for doing the manual
> cut-and-paste work required, and I therefore think it's probably
> better to follow Anne's advice and drop the W3C version entirely in
> favour of the WHATWG version. I still like the idea of having a
> "stable" spec documenting the interoperable behaviour of XHR by a
> given point in time - but I haven't been able to prioritise it and
> neither, apparently, have the other two editors.

Jungkee, Julian - we would like your input, in particular whether or not
you can still commit to helping with the tasks required to move XHR
Level 1 along the Recommendation track.

Others - if you can commit to helping with the main tasks (editing,
testing, implementation, etc.) for XHR L1, please let us know.

-Thanks, AB