[WebIDL] T[] migration

From: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 15:45:10 +0000
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Hey folks,

Now that WebIDL has added FrozenArray<> and dropped T[], it's time to switch over! On the other hand, there are a number of specs that have already gone to Rec that used the old syntax.

Recommendations:

*        HTML5

*        Web Messaging

Other references:

*        CSS OM

*        Web Sockets

*        WebRTC

Legacy/Deprecated references:

*        TypedArrays (replaced by ES2015)

*        Web Intents

Thoughts on what to do about this? Should we consider keeping T[] in WebIDL, but having it map to FrozenArray<>? Should we issue errata to those Recs?