Re: [websockets] Test results available

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:24:22 -0400
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On 3/26/15 10:51 AM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> If anyone is willing to help with the failure analysis, that would be
> very much appreciated.

Taking a brief look at some of the failures in Firefox, in addition to
the ones Olli already posted about:

http://www.w3c-test.org/websockets/keeping-connection-open/001.html --
the test is wrong.  Passing undefined means the argument is not present
per Web IDL, so this should not throw.

http://www.w3c-test.org/websockets/cookies/001.html seems racy to me: it
kicks off an async test and then immediately removes the cookie, so it's
not obvious to me why it expects that cookie to be present in the
websocket connection; the cookie may well be removed before the
connection is set up.

http://www.w3c-test.org/websockets/interfaces/WebSocket/readyState/003.html
looks wrong to me: the value it should get is in fact undefined, since
the property got deleted from the prototype.

-Boris