[appmanifest] No localization model [I18N-ISSUE-412]

From: Phillips, Addison <addison@lab126.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 17:23:48 +0000
To: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
CC: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
From tracker:
==
http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-appmanifest-20150212/

Having read the entire document, I can't find any mention of localizbility. There is no way to indicate in the manifest the language of any of the language bearing metadata (name, short_name, etc.) nor a way to indicate different language versions of external resources (such as paths to icons). This seems like a serious oversight in the design and is not consistent with other packaging schemes.
==

Please note that this was previously discussed on your mailing list in response to my note [1], with a number of helpful responses by Marcos Caceres and others, such as [2].

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2015JanMar/0068.html

[2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2015JanMar/0071.html

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect (Amazon Lab126)