From: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2015 10:44 AM
To: Travis Leithead
Cc: WebApps WG; Anne van Kesteren (annevk@annevk.nl); Arron Eicholz; Elliott Sprehn
Subject: Re: [Shadow] URL-based shadows?

... found it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V7ci1-lBTY6AJxgN99aCMwjZKCjKv1v3y_7WLtcgM00/edit?pli=1

:DG<

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 6:05 PM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com<mailto:dglazkov@google.com>> wrote:
Yep. Elliott (cc'd) had a proposal like this a while back. It was coolly received (can't remember the details).

:DG<

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com<mailto:travis.leithead@microsoft.com>> wrote:
Dimitri et al.,

   Has the idea of loading/parsing a Shadow DOM directly from a URL been discussed already? (e.g., a sort-of "micro-import" or an import that parses its document directly into the ShadowRoot container?) I'm curious to know if there's some obvious flaw that I'm missing.

element.createShadowRoot("path to my component");

  This is an idea around building components from the "inside out", and using the URL as the basis for script-level access control to the Shadow contents.

  Thoughts?