[Shadow] URL-based shadows?

From: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 00:46:08 +0000
To: "Dimitri Glazkov (dglazkov@google.com)" <dglazkov@google.com>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, "Anne van Kesteren (annevk@annevk.nl)" <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: Arron Eicholz <arronei@microsoft.com>
Dimitri et al.,

   Has the idea of loading/parsing a Shadow DOM directly from a URL been discussed already? (e.g., a sort-of "micro-import" or an import that parses its document directly into the ShadowRoot container?) I'm curious to know if there's some obvious flaw that I'm missing.

element.createShadowRoot("path to my component");

  This is an idea around building components from the "inside out", and using the URL as the basis for script-level access control to the Shadow contents.

  Thoughts?