Re: template namespace attribute proposal

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 7:16 PM, Adam Klein <adamk@chromium.org> wrote:
> > For clarity, is this significantly different from the below (which works
> > today)?
> >
> > <template id="tmpl">
> >   <svg>
> >     <circle .../>
> >   </svg>
> > </template>
> >
> > Clearly there's an extra step here, in that accessing the SVG elements
> > requires hopping into firstElementChild, but adding new namespace-related
> > features seems unfortunate.
>
> That was going to be my argument, but then I remembered that we went
> children of <template>.

Is your thinking that adding special-casing for SVG-"looking" (as in, tag
names appearing in the list of SVG tags but not in the list of HTML tags)
inside <template> has fewer compat risks than a wholesale change of the
HTML parser to recognize SVG-looking tags anywhere?