Re: CORS performance

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 4:49 AM, Dale Harvey <dale@arandomurl.com> wrote:
>> so presumably it is OK to set the Content-Type to text/plain
>
> Thats not ok, but may explain my confusion, is Content-Type considered a
> Custom Header that will always trigger a preflight? if so then none of the
> caching will apply, CouchDB requires sending the appropriate content-type

We most likely can consider the content-type header as *not* "custom".
I was one of the people way back when that pointed out that there's a
theoretical chance that allowing arbitrary content-type headers could
cause security issues. But it seems highly theoretical.

I suspect that the mozilla security team would be fine with allowing
arbitrary content-types to be POSTed though. Worth asking. I can't
speak for other browser vendors of course.

/ Jonas