Re: CORS performance

From: Brian Smith <brian@briansmith.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 03:30:58 -0800
To: Dale Harvey <dale@arandomurl.com>
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, WebAppSec WG <public-webappsec@w3.org>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Monsur Hossain <monsur@gmail.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Dale Harvey <dale@arandomurl.com> wrote:
> With Couch / PouchDB we are working with an existing REST API wherein every
> request is to a different url (which is unlikely to change), the performance
> impact is significant since most of the time is used up by latency, the CORS
> preflight request essentially double the time it takes to do anything

I understand that currently the cost of this API is 2*N and you want
to reduce the 2 to 1 instead of reducing the N, even though N is
usually much larger than 2.

What is it about PouchDB and CouchDB that causes them to require
preflight for all of these requests in the first place? What is
difficult about changing them to not require preflight for all of
these requests?

Cheers,
Brian