Re: The futile war between Native and Web

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 18:07:19 +0100
To: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
Cc: Michaela Merz <michaela.merz@hermetos.com>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Anders Rundgren
<anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, I think we will soon see that Apple simply "calls" their Apple Pay
> "App" from the web because it preserves all the goodies "as is".
> Why is simple and practical wrong?

Is anyone saying that's wrong? What's wrong is the comparison between
"native" and "web". Apple Pay could not have been created through the
App Store model either. It's a feature of iOS coupled with the
hardware found in the latest iPhone.

If we get browsers that operate at the OS level they could deliver
similar features. If they don't operate at the OS level they could
integrate with what the OS provides. Either way this is something that
requires new APIs and UX, whether "native" or "web".

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/