Re: The futile war between Native and Web

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Anders Rundgren
<anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> You would anyway end-up with proprietary "AppStores" with granted "Apps" and
> then I don't really see the point insisting on using web-technology anymore.
> General code-signing like used in Windows application doesn't help, it is
> just one OK button more to click before running.

The interesting thing about App Stores and Code Signing is it provides
vendor lock-in and maintains revenue streams. So while it has
[sometimes] questionable value, its something that we are going to see
a lot more of as vendors unofficially use it as a tool to further
their internal agendas.

Look at how many vendors are supporting Installable Web Apps.
Installable Web Apps effectively turns any web server into an App
Store. The answer is: Mozilla and Chrome.

Jeff