Re: Minimum viable custom elements

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 11:58:37 +0100
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 11:33 AM, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> this turned up today:
> A possible solution for web component subclasses
> https://github.com/JanMiksovsky/base-template#a-possible-solution-for-web-component-subclasses
> needs people who actually understand this stuff to critique ;-)

Well, it starts by saying "[I]s it possible to define HTML custom
element subclasses that can fill in base class insertion points?"
which is a very different problem from what you want to solve, no?
Under limitations it says "As written, this technique cannot be used
to subclass standard HTML elements." which makes that even more clear.