Re: do not deprecate synchronous XMLHttpRequest

From: Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 16:54:01 +0100
To: Michaela Merz <michaela.merz@hermetos.com>
Cc: Gregg Tracton <tracton@gmail.com>, Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>

> I had an Android device, but now I have an iPhone. In addition to the
> popup problem, and the fake "X" on ads, the iPhone browsers (Safari,
> Chrome, Opera) will start to show a site, then they will lock up for 10-30
> seconds before finally becoming responsive.

Via. Ask Slashdot:
http://ask.slashdot.org/story/15/02/04/1626232/ask-slashdot-gaining-control-of-my-mobile-browser

Note: Starting with Gecko 30.0 (Firefox 30.0 / Thunderbird 30.0 / SeaMonkey
> 2.27), synchronous requests on the main thread have been deprecated due to
> the negative effects to the user experience.

Via
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/XMLHttpRequest/Synchronous_and_Asynchronous_Requests

Heads up! The XMLHttpRequest2 spec was recently changed to prohibit sending

Via http://updates.html5rocks.com/2012/01/Getting-Rid-of-Synchronous-XHRs