Mail list Etiquette [Was: Re: Shadow tree style isolation primitive]

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 08:51:04 -0500
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
CC: www-style@w3.org
[ Apologies for cross-posting ]

On 2/4/15 6:56 PM, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
> That sounds rather demeaning and insulting [1]. public-webapps, or a
> mailing list of any W3C working group, isn't an appropriate forum to rant.

Given this thread resulted in some "heated" replies, I'd like to remind
everyone of WebApps' e-mail list etiquette policy:

[[
<https://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/WorkMode#Mail_List_Policy.2C_Usage.2C_Etiquette.2C_etc.>

*WebApps' members appreciate and encourage frank technical discussions
on our mail lists but all discussions must be done in a respectful
manner. Please note this respect requirement is codified in the Process
Document via the following participation criteria "Social competence in
one's role
<http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#ParticipationCriteria>".
Additionally, seeCode of Ethics and Professional Conduct
<http://www.w3.org/Consortium/cepc/>and if you did not
attend/Kindergarten/, we expect our list participants to adhere to the
basic principles inAll I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten
<http://www.peace.ca/kindergarten.htm>.
*]]

Please focus on technical comments and always be respectful.

-Thanks, ArtB