Re: Allow custom headers (Websocket API)

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 2:39 PM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 2:35 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>> Wouldn't that require the endpoint to support two protocols? That
>> sounds suboptimal.
>
> CORS and Websockets are two separate protocols which each work off and by
> themselves, there is no change required to either to make one work with the
> other, and both adequately deal with non-implementation by the endpoint. A
> webserver with support for CORS and Websockets already implements both
> protocols, and so no additional burden is imposed regardless.

The protocols in question are HTTP and WebSocket... CORS is very much
unrelated to most of this. It's just the solution we have for HTTP at
the moment and WebSocket has something similar, just not for headers
and that is the problem.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/