[IndexedDB] When is an error event dispatched at a transcation?

From: Glen Huang <curvedmark@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 20:58:01 +0800
To: Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
The IDBTransaction interface exposes an onerror event handler. I wonder when that handler gets called? The algorithm of "Steps for aborting a transaction” dispatches error events at requests of the transaction, but never at the transaction itself, only an abort event is dispatched, if I understand the spec correctly.

If that is true, why exposing the onerror event handler on the IDBTransaction interface?