Re: Minimum viable custom elements

> Why don't we just make all input elements support these new attributes
> we're adding?

In my opinion, I'd say because you can't possibly cover every case - what
about doing the same kind of formatting for social security numbers, credit
card numbers, phone numbers, or who knows what else? How about other kinds
of functionality - like a <textarea> that automatically resizes itself?

What kind of initializations does it have to do?

Yes, probably just adding a listener in this case – which you certainly
could handle with event delegation. But maybe someone might want to simply
execute some functionality when the element is created or attached. An
input that automatically populates itself with a random number. An awful,
contrived example for sure - but it wouldn't be possible with delegation
alone.

Again - simply wanted to make the point that devs do add functionality to
native elements - so it might be handy to have custom element callbacks to
assist with it.

Chris