Re: Toward more productive f2f meetings [Was:Re: Feedback needed for April 2015 face-to-face location by *January 27, 2015*]

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 3:03 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to take this as an opportunity to step back a bit and to discuss:
> what is the value proposition of WebApps' f2f meetings; how to maximize the
> usefulness of f2f meetings; how to make f2f meetings more productive. All
> feedback is welcome!

To me what lasts are the social aspects and yet they are almost never
at the forefront of meetings. The technical aspects are often
revisited later since synchronous decision making doesn't really work
well. Having said that, some form of technical breakouts do help in
identifying pain points and next steps.

I would love to see meetings that better balance social and technical
aspects and optimize for breakouts so you're not forced to sit through
something that is relevant to only five people in the room.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/