Re: [clipboard API] platform integration stuff - in spec or out of scope?

From: Paul Libbrecht <paul@hoplahup.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 22:45:33 +0100
Cc: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen <hsteen@mozilla.com>

On 31 janv. 2015, at 14:48, Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen <hsteen@mozilla.com> wrote:

> If yes, do any of the other "mandatory" types have gotchas like Windows "HTML Format" - on any platform? The mandatory types currently are:
> text/plain
> text/uri-list
> text/csv
> text/css
> text/html
> application/xhtml+xml
> image/png
> image/jpg, image/jpeg
> image/gif
> image/svg+xml
> application/xml, text/xml
> application/javascript
> application/json
> application/octet-stream
> I don't know what these "map to" on platforms that do not use MIME types to describe clipboard contents. Should this information be dug up and included?

First request: can we add the three MathML media-types?
(those are: "application/mathml-presentation+xml", "application/mathml-content+xml", "application/mathml+xml")

I think I could help dig the names out by looking at the following documents:

- http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/FileManagement/Conceptual/understanding_utis/
- https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.dataformats.aspx

Also, some specs and media-type-registration RFCs indicate the names in the native formats.
I think this would be the right place to hunt too  (I know that MathML and SVG do).
Probably it'll never be complete (e.g. I do not think application/octet-stream can have a name on clipboards).

Shall I just make the suggestions as a table per (html?) mail?

paul