Re: Feedback needed for April 2015 face-to-face location by *January 27, 2015*

From: <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 02:03:59 +0300
To: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
21.01.2015, 01:40, "Philippe Le Hegaret" <plh@w3.org>:
> All,
>
> We are fortunate enough to have two proposed locations for the HTML and
> Web Applications face-to-face meeting in the week of April 13-17, 2015.
> Your feedback will help us picking the location.
>
> 1. Redmond, WA, USA (Hosted by Microsoft):
> 2. Zaragoza, Spain (Hosted by Yandex)

Actually it is hosted by the Ayuntamiento de Zaragoza (i.e. the city council, who have been a member for about a decade, and do a lot of good stuff. I just asked around for a host and passed on their very generous offer).

> Please provide your preferences at:
> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42538/webapps-spring-2015/

I can't fill in the survey yet ;(

My preference is Zaragoza. It's about the same pain to get there from the airport (without having to rent a car), but you end up in Zaragoza, which costs much less than Redmond, has a real city with life, bars, history, architecture, and everything is walkable with a good public transport system as well.

Plus it has been 2 1/2 years since we met in Europe (compared to twice in a year on the West Coast - beating our long term average of 1 and a bit times / year).

> by January 27, 2015.

cheers

Chaals