Re: Minimum viable custom elements

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 12:53:09 +0100
To: Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me>
Cc: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com>, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>, Erik Arvidsson <arv@google.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 8:06 PM, Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me> wrote:
> From: Ryosuke Niwa [mailto:rniwa@apple.com]
>> However, nobody has suggested a design that satisfies both of our requirements: using ES6 constructor for element initialization
>
> Could you say more about why this is a requirement?

I would be interested to hear about this too. I created a gist
comparing the Jonas and Dmitry proposals and as far as I can tell both
have drawbacks that make them not exactly clean or explain the
platform fully:

  https://gist.github.com/annevk/cd58b3e45f399672004a

It seems clear we'll have to accept some oddity in order to enable
custom elements. The Dmitry proposal seems to have the advantage in
that it creates the tree in the same manner and that there's a
plausible strategy for retrofitting normal elements to match its
design.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/