Re: Minimum viable custom elements

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 17:43:37 +0000
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: "Edward O'Connor" <eoconnor@apple.com>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On 16 January 2015 at 16:52, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

>  Again, I think that unless we solve the styling problem for
> native elements, we're not going to see them adopted, not even if you
> can subclass them (and proper subclassing without the is="" hack is
> another hard problem, as explained).

The demo i pointed to previously by Alice Boxhall from Google appears to
overcome the styling of checkboxes/radio buttons issue
https://rawgit.com/alice/web-components-demos/master/index.html  (view in
chrome)

but do you see a viable way to get there?

I don't have the technical understanding to see any way of getting there
;-)
--

Regards

SteveF