Re: Defining a constructor for Element and friends

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 05:23:36 +0100
To: Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me>
Cc: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
* Domenic Denicola wrote:
>That kind of breaks the design goal that we be able to explain how
>everything you see in the DOM was constructed. How did the parser (or
>document.createElement(NS)) create a HTMLUnknownElement, if the
>constructor for HTMLUnknownElement doesn't work?

I know that this a major concern to you, but my impression is that few
if any other people regard that as anything more than "nice to have",
especially if you equate "explaining" with having a public API for it.
D-10243 Berlin · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
 Available for hire in Berlin (early 2015)  · http://www.websitedev.de/