RE: Custom element lifecycle callbacks

From: annevankesteren@gmail.com [mailto:annevankesteren@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Anne van Kesteren

> On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 3:30 AM, Adam Klein <adamk@chromium.org> wrote:
>> Do you have a proposal for where these symbols would be vended?
>
> My idea was to put them on Node or Element as statics, similar to the Symbol object design. The discussion on public-script-coord is this bug:

In an alternate reality where modules were specced and implemented before symbols, they should go there. (Both for Symbol and for Node/Element; the placement of them on Symbol was a somewhat-last-minute hack when we realized modules were lagging symbols substantially.)

But yes, in this reality somewhere in the Element/Node/HTMLElement hierarchy makes sense. (I'd guess Element?) We might not want to take it as precedent though. Or maybe we do, for consistency.