Re: Custom element lifecycle callbacks

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 10:11:23 -0500
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
> On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 3:09 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> In any case, the fact that we're even _having_ this discussion and that it
>> needs careful reading of the HTML spec is my point.
>
> It does seem however we could define this in a way that is safe.

If by "this" you mean cloning of file inputs, then obviously yes.  I
never implied otherwise, as far as I can tell.

If by "this" you mean "a change from the current behavior to delayed
cloning steps, without auditing all the cloning steps to make sure we
don't end up in weird inconsistent states", then I don't think so.  You
really do have to carefully audit all the cloning steps in the spec, as
well as any future cloning steps.

-Boris