Re: Custom element lifecycle callbacks

> On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 3:09 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> In any case, the fact that we're even _having_ this discussion and that it
>> needs careful reading of the HTML spec is my point.
>
> It does seem however we could define this in a way that is safe.

If by "this" you mean cloning of file inputs, then obviously yes.  I
never implied otherwise, as far as I can tell.

If by "this" you mean "a change from the current behavior to delayed
cloning steps, without auditing all the cloning steps to make sure we
don't end up in weird inconsistent states", then I don't think so.  You
really do have to carefully audit all the cloning steps in the spec, as
well as any future cloning steps.

-Boris