RE: [Selection] Should selection.getRangeAt return a clone or a reference?

I'm not sure if any sites depend on the Gecko/Trident behavior, but I imagine any such sites also work in Webkit/Blink. So I'm fine with changing this unless anyone knows of an important dependency.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryosuke Niwa [mailto:rniwa@apple.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 6, 2015 2:32 PM
To: Webapps WG
Subject: [Selection] Should selection.getRangeAt return a clone or a reference?

https://github.com/w3c/selection-api/issues/40

Trident (since IE10) and Gecko both return a live Range, which can be modified to update selection.  WebKit and Blink both return a clone Range so that any changes to the Range doesn't update the selection.

It appears that there is a moderate interest at Mozilla to change Gecko's behavior.  Does anyone have a strong opinion about this?

- R. Niwa