Re: ES6 and upgrading custom elements

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 19:38:33 +0100
To: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
Cc: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 7:06 PM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com> wrote:
> Yes to the first question. I wasn't planning on doing anything different
> there.

It seems simple prototype munging but not actually changing identity
will fail for all but the basic cases of subclassing. E.g. if I
subclass an HTMLInputElement I would expect it to have an internal
[[value]] slot of sorts, but since the element created is a plain
HTMLElement whose prototype is munged that will not be the case.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/