Re: Clipboard API: remove dangerous formats from mandatory data types

Florian, as I pointed out earlier, this proposal is to remove the
requirement that user agents allow content to set the local system
clipboard directly with certain pre-existing clipboard formats, because
doing so safely is not possible in general. Removing the requirement from
the spec will simply mean that the spec more accurately reflects what is
actually implemented in existing user agents.

Defining how user agents can/should support setting of arbitrary formats is
a separate discussion; user agents don't generally support that - including
not supporting application/octet-stream, which the spec doesn't actually
define the behaviour of! - so it would in effect be a new feature of the
API the behaviour of which would need to be properly specified. Please feel
free to fork this thread if that's something you'd like to propose ideas
for. :)

Thanks!