Re: PSA: Web Components vs Extract Widget patent

Sorry Art but the W3C disclosed the story on this list without advising
us (and disclosed/archived the original email containing some private
details without any authorization), we know why, it's probably
understandable (although questionable), why on this list and why we
should not respond here is not, this situation probably makes us look
like kind of trolls, which we hate, so it's done now and we will
continue to follow up on this list if necessary.

Anyway, we don't want to discuss further the details, the gists are
enough, if people still find unthinkable that the components model was
invented before the components model, then make up your mind, it was,
and there is a particular story around this.

I think that the W3C should revert to other actions to resolve the
issue, our initial proposal (which, for everybody's knowledge, is "just"
to find an agreement that compensate the costs of our pasts projects
related to the patent, this seems fair to us but looks apparently
complicate to appreciate for the W3C members) still stands until we take
further actions, for obvious reasons we cannot give up with this.

--
Check the 10 M passwords list: http://peersm.com/findmyass
Anti-spies and private torrents, dynamic blocklist: http://torrent-live.org