Re: URL bugs and next steps

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 18:09:17 +0200
To: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Cc: Ryan Sleevi <sleevi@google.com>, Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>, "Ted O'Connor" <eoconnor@apple.com>, Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, David Walp <David.Walp@microsoft.com>, Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me>, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> wrote:
> That's great but are we getting the implementations aligned?

Yes, slowly.

> My understanding is that implementations are still differing from the spec
> and we weren't getting them to move. Reasons for that are differing between
> the vendors.

That is probably in part due to the specification having known
outstanding issues and in part because changing URLs is tricky. Even
small changes we made in Gecko have not been without issue. In any
event, it seems somewhat premature to consider meeting over this (if
that's at all warranted, it's all technical) given the state of the
specification and testsuite.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/